Friday, January 28, 2011

Week 4 - missing The Archers

I still don't have a date for the next formal assessment, but the lit. review synthesis is making good progress and creeping towards c. 6,000 words, 2,000 of which are absolute final version - yes, indeedy! - fully checked and referenced, and the next part not far behind.  I've been keeping late hours here, cycling home in the dark - and missing the Archers - in the interests of reflective research.

Early next week I'll need to slot the review into the assessment submission, and then maybe I'll take a couple of hours off, before I start looking at my data analysis.

I've been admiring my  good friend E's blog and am starting to realise that there is a useful parallel universe that I can sign up for. I also have another follower - hello Ivan - and have added links to both their blogs.

This has been a busy week with very little time for reflection, starting with a day out to see a retrofit project as part of my paid research work, which  prompted me to think that Out There, people do what they do, and all we do in academia - or at least in PhD land - is surround it with philosophy - but then that's the point of a PhD, I suppose!

Meanwhile, in the real world, I plan to take part in the RSPB Garden Birdwatch - a reason, not an excuse, to sit for a whole hour and do nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment